CONTRACT TO PARTICIPATE IN THE Goombungee Trail Bike Ride
WARNING! THIS IS AN IMPORTANT DOCUMENT WHICH AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS, PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY AND DO NOT AGREE TO IT UNLESS YOU ARE SATISFIED YOU UNDERSTAND IT.
1. I (The person clicking accept):
HEREBY AGREE with Motorcycling Australia Limited (“MA”) that I am by this agreement entitled to participate in the Motorcycle Activity/meeting listed in Schedule 2 (hereinafter called "the Meeting" or the “Event”) at the venue listed at Schedule 3 (hereinafter called "the Venue") on the terms and conditions set out in this document.
2. DEFINITIONS In this declaration:
a) “Claim” means and includes any action, suit, proceeding, claim, demand, damage, cost or expense however arising including but not limited to negligence but does not include a claim against a Motorcycling Organisation under any right expressly conferred by its constitution or regulation;
b) “Indemnitees” means and includes the persons, organisations and bodies corporate whose names appear in Schedule 1.
c) “MA” means Motorcycling Australia Limited;
d) “State Controlling Body” (SCB) means a state or territory motorcycling association affiliated as a member of MA;
e) “Motorcycling Activity” means performing or participating in any capacity in any authorised or recognised Motorcycling Organisation event, meeting or activity;
f) “Motorcycling Organisation” means and includes MA, and the MA members (including the SCBs and affiliated clubs) and where the context so permits, their respective directors, officers, members, servants or agents.
3. ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF RISKS, DANGERS & OBLIGATIONS
I ACKNOWLEDGE that:
a) motorcycle sport is dangerous and that by engaging in the sport (whether as a competitor, recreational rider, coach, official or media) at the Meeting I take and am exposed to certain risks and dangers and am under certain obligations as follows:
i) that I may be injured, physically or mentally, and may be killed;
ii) that my machinery or equipment may be damaged, lost or destroyed;
iii) that competitors may ride dangerously or with a lack of skill;
iv) that track or Event conditions may be hazardous and may vary without warning or predictability;
v) that organisers, officials, landowners/track operators and any agents or representatives of those in charge of meetings are frequently obliged to make decisions under pressure of time/or events;
vi) that any policy of insurance of or in respect of my life or physical or mental health may be voided;
vii) that there may be no or inadequate facilities for treatment or transport of me if I am injured;
vii) that I have an obligation to myself and to others to act safely and within the rules and regulations of MA;
b) the Indemnitees do not make any warranty that the services at the Meeting will be provided with due care and skill or that any materials provided in connection with the services will be fit for the purpose for which they are supplied;
c) to the extent that any warranty is implied it is excluded to the full extent permitted by law;
d) have voluntarily read and understood this warning and accept and assume the inherent risks in participating in the Event.
4. WARNING UNDER THE Australian Consumer and Fair Trading Act 2012 (Vic)
Under the provisions of the Australian Consumer and Fair Trading Act 2012 (Vic) several conditions are implied into contracts for the supply of certain goods and services. These conditions mean that the supplier named on this form is required to ensure that the recreational services it supplies to you are:
- rendered with due care and skill;
- as fit for the purpose for which they are commonly bought as it is reasonable to expect in the circumstances; and
- reasonably fit for any particular purpose or might reasonably be expected to achieve any result you have made known to the supplier.
Under section 22N of the Australian Consumer and Fair Trading Act 2012 (Vic) the supplier is entitled to ask you to agree that these conditions do not apply to you. If you sign this form, you will be agreeing that your rights to sue the supplier under the Australian Consumer Law and Fair Trading Act 2012 (Vic) if you are killed or injured because the services were not rendered with due care and skill or they were not reasonably fit for their purpose, are excluded, restricted or modified in the way set out in this form.
NOTE: The change to your rights, as set out in this form, does not apply if your death or injury is due to gross negligence on the supplier's part. "Gross negligence" is defined in Regulation 5 of the Australian Consumer Law and Fair Trading Regulations 2012 (Vic).
For the purposes of the clause 3, “the Supplier” shall mean and include the Indemnitees.
5. INDEMNITY AND RELEASE GIVEN TO ORGANISERS
IN CONSIDERATION of the acceptance of me as a participant in the Meeting:
a) I AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND KEEP INDEMNIFIED to the full extent permitted by law the Indemnitees and each of them in the following manner:
i) that I participate in the Meeting at my sole risk and responsibility;
ii) that I accept the Venue as it stands with all or any defects hidden or exposed;
iii) that I indemnify and hold harmless the Indemnitees, their respective servants, agents, officials and competitors against any actions, costs, losses or Claims which may be made by me or on my behalf for or in respect of or arising out of my death or any injury loss or damage caused to me or my equipment whether caused by negligence, breach of contract or in any other manner whatsoever.
b) I AGREE TO RELEASE to the full extent permitted by law the Indemnitees and each of them from all liability to me for any Claim, loss, damage, cost or expense (whether arising under statute, from negligence, personal injury, psychological trauma, death, property damage or infringement of third party rights or otherwise) that arises as a result of any act, matter or thing done, permitted or omitted to be done by me or which is in any way connected with my presence at or involvement in the Event.
6. The release and indemnity provided by me in this declaration is in addition to, and will not in any way limit the application of, the conditions of sale attaching to tickets, conditions of entry, conditions of credentials or any other applicable terms or conditions in respect of the Event.
7. A term of this release and indemnity will not apply where the term contravenes the law of the relevant jurisdiction under which any legal action is legitimately taken however such terms are severable and do not invalidate the remaining terms.
I declare that I am and must continue to be medically and physically fit and able to participate in the Meeting. I will immediately notify MA in writing via my SCB of any change to my fitness and ability to participate. I understand and accept the Indemnitees will continue to rely upon this declaration as evidence of my fitness and ability to participate.
9. I acknowledge and agree that if required, the Indemnitees (or any of them) may arrange medical or hospital treatment (including ambulance transportation) for me. I authorise such actions being taken by the Indemnitees and agree to meet all costs associated with such action. I understand it is compulsory for me to have ambulance insurance in some form and I accept responsibility for the cost of ambulance transportation, ambulance cover and further agree to maintain ambulance cover during the term of my license / membership.
11. PERSONAL HEALTH INFORMATION
I hereby agree with MA and the SCB that in consideration for my participation in the Event that MA and the SCB may receive, collect, store and use personal health information about me in the manner set out below:
a) I ACKNOWLEDGE that:
i) If I am injured, become ill or die at or following the Event the services engaged to provide medical services in addition to any hospital at which I am treated (together “my Carers”) will have health related information about me in their possession, power and control relating to me which is subject to obligations imposed by the Privacy Act (“my Information”) and the Privacy Act is intended to protect my personal information;
ii) MA and my SCB wish to collect my Information for purposes that include their risk management programs, evaluating and improving the safety of MA and SCB events and of the Meeting organisers and facility providers of MA / SCB permitted events, and generally to reduce the risks to persons engaged in motorcycle sport; and
iii) It is reasonable for MA and my SCB to collect, store, use and disclose my Information in accordance with clause 11(a)(i) above and in the manner set out in clause 11(b).
b) IN CONSIDERATION of my acceptance as a participant in the Meeting I consent and agree that MA and my SCB:
i) may collect and store any of my Information, including obtain my Information from third parties including my Carers;
ii) may use any information collected in accordance with this clause for any purpose consistent with creating safer competition in motorcycle sport and events held by or in conjunction with MA, my SCB, or with an MA or SCB permit;
c) I irrevocably authorise MA and my SCB and hereby appoint MA and my SCB as my lawful attorneys to collect from my Carers, and I hereby direct my Carers to provide to MA or my SCB upon request being made by MA or my SCB, any of my Information including but not limited to any information concerning any incident or event causing or contributing to or resulting from any injury, illness or death to me, the details of any diagnosis and prognosis provided to me by my Carers (or any party with the knowledge of any of my Carers), and any other matter to the knowledge of my Carers that might reasonably be considered to be requested by MA or my SCB for the purpose of improving safety at MA and SCB events.
12. POLICIES AND REGULATIONS
I acknowledge, understand and agree that it is a condition of my participation in the Event that I agree to be bound by, and subject to, the rules, regulations and jurisdiction of MA as amended from time to time. Copies of all MA rules, policies and regulations are available by contacting the MA office.
13. All participants are bound by the MA anti doping policy and thus understand they may be subject to drug testing. Testing conducted by the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority (ASADA) is in accordance with the ASADA Act and the National Ant-Doping Scheme. This involves the taking of a sample (any human biological fluid or tissue whether alive or otherwise, or any human breath) for the purpose of detecting the use of a Prohibited Drug or Doping Method. Any participant infringing MA’s policy or refusing a drug test may be disqualified or otherwise dealt with in accordance with the terms of the anti-doping policy.
13. RIGHT TO USE IMAGE
Right to Use Image: I acknowledge and consent to photographs and electronic images (including, but not limited to, moving images) being taken of me during my participation in the Event. I acknowledge and agree that such photographs and electronic images are owned by Goombungee State School P&C Association and it may use the photographs and electronic images for promotional or other purposes without my further consent being necessary. Further, I consent to Goombungee State School P&C Association using my name, image, likeness and also my performance in the Event, at any time, by any form of media, to promote Goombungee State School P&C Association or the Event.
1) Federation Internationale de Motocyclisme
2) Motorcycling Australia Ltd
3) Motorcycling Queensland
4) Goombungee State School P&C Association
5) Property Owners List as per VR Certificate
6) PROMOTER / ORGANISER
7) All Sponsors of the Goombungee Trail Bike Ride
8) FIRST AID/Emergency Medics
9) Bradley & Sandra Dalziel – Venue called ‘Hilltop’
10) All other persons involved in the organisation, conduct and promotion of the Event or construction or location of the facilities used in connection with or otherwise related to the Event
11) Each of the respective officers, employees, servants, agents, sponsors, successors and assignees of each of the above.
14th - 16th July 2017
Bradley & Sandra Dalziel – 1681 Pechey-Maclagan Road, Douglas Qld 4354
(Lot 3956 / AG3235 & Lot 18 / AG3235)
14. EXECUTION I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THIS DECLARATION (INCLUDING THE WARNING, INDEMNITY AND RELEASE) AND AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AS STATED.